Nov 21, 2017

Cranberry Orange Sauce with Agave Nectar (Thanksgiving Healthy)

Fresh Cranberry Orange Sauce with Agave


If you are like me, sometime into your Thanksgiving Cooking you realize the shocking amount of sugar that you are putting into your food. So, when I started making my cranberry relish, I realized that I could easily "lose" that four cups of sugar right there. The sauce was decidedly less sweet than the one we are used to, and in the end, I stirred in a swig of Pomegranate Molasses, but it is totally optional. I think this is really good, if you are looking for a healthier bite of Thanksgiving.

4 cups fresh Cranberries
1 orange (preferably organic) washed well, seeded, and chopped in a food processor
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup Agave Nectar
1-2 cinnamon sticks

optional: a Tablespoon or 2 of Pomegranate Molasses, a Tablespoon or 2 of Grand Marnier,  Cognac, Brandy, Orange Liqueur.

Put all ingredients except brandy into a heavy saucepan and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until berries pop. Remove from heat, stir in liquor if using. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome! Please Share Your Thoughts: