Oct 24, 2008

Best Banana Bread





Whenever I have bananas turning black in the fruit bowl, I peel them, and freeze them in ziploc bags. They are perfect to add to smoothies. Cleaning out the freezer I found a lot of frozen bananas. I also found a lot of frozen pecans, so I made a lot of banana pecan bread.




BANANA BREAD
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs, unbeaten
2 med. bananas, mashed (1 c.)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. soda
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped pecans (or other nuts)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Cream butter with sugar and beat in eggs. Add dry ingredients, which have been sifted together. Beat in mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Add nuts. Place in greased and floured loaf pans. Let stand 10 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour for large pans, about 40 minutes for small pans. Or muffin tins--about 25 minutes ( Makes 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome! Please Share Your Thoughts: